Chia is an ancient food in Mesoamerican cultures. It has been considered a super food, since it is an excellent natural vegan source of Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, dietary fiber and protein. We offer whole chia seeds and cold milled ground chia seeds.
- Chia seeds used to be mainly consumed in Mesoamerican diets hundreds of years ago. However, nowadays, they are known all around the world for being a great natural vegan source of Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, dietary fiber and protein.
- Chia seed offers the highest content of Omega-3 (alfa-linolenic fatty acid, ALA) among all oily seeds. A regular consumption of Omega-3 helps reduce cholesterol levels in the blood, the risk to develop certain cardiovascular diseases, and it improves the brain functions.
- Around 20% of chia seed is protein. Chia seed is a gluten-free food that can be consumed by celiac people.
- Caffeic and chlorogenic acid and other flavonols are the common antioxidants in chia seeds. These antioxidants have a strong activity against free radicals and oxidative processes. Regular consumption of these antioxidants may decrease the possibility to develop cardiovascular diseases.
- Chia seed has soluble fiber that improves gastrointestinal transit rate, slows the absorption of glucose and decreases the absorption of cholesterol.
- Sprinkle on several dishes, salads, soups and many others.
- Add to dairy goods such as yoghurts, smoothies, ice creams and milk shakes.
- Incorporate to bakery and cereal goods: Breads, muffins, gourmet pastry and cereal bars.
- Use in the recipes for fruit spreads due to the capacity of water absorption and gelification properties.
- Easy to use in several recipes: dressings, breakfast flapjacks, puddings, in order to improve nutritional values.
Moisture 8.0% Max.
Peroxide value 6 Meq/Kg Max.
FFA (as oleic) 2.0% Max.
2000 Pounds / 1 Ton / Jumbo sack
50 Pounds /25 Kg / Bag
10kg / Box